Special hazard fire suppression systems go beyond traditional fire sprinkler systems to provide fire protection in commercial and industrial facilities.
Why Special Hazards Systems?
Special hazards fire protection systems are installed in facilities where water-based sprinkler systems are not an adequate form of fire protection. High-hazard facilities often require special hazard systems to quickly detect and suppress a fire to save lives and property. These suppression systems are designed to protect high value assets and processes and minimize business downtime.
Common Special Hazard Fire Suppression Systems
There are many types of special hazard fire suppression systems that are used to protect facilities including:
- FM-200 – This type of fire protection is a fast-acting suppression agent. It is environmentally friendly, safe for occupied areas, colorless, requires no clean-up and minimizes downtime after a fire.
- Novec 1230 – This system is highly effective at protecting electronics and important documents from fire. It is a clean agent suppressant that extinguishes a fire in seconds, leaves no residue and is electrically non-conductive.
- Inergen – This gaseous fire suppression system is highly effective and uses a mixture of nitrogen, argon and carbon dioxide to extinguish fires.
- ESFR – Early Suppression, Fast Response systems are installed in warehouses to replace in-rack sprinkler systems to protect high piled storage.
- Foam Fire Suppression – Foam suppression systems are often used to protect high hazard areas such as aircraft hangars using foam.
- Deluge Systems – A deluge system is highly effective at protecting hazardous areas. In deluge systems, all sprinkler heads are open and water or other agents are discharged through all heads at once creating a total flood that douses the fire.
- CO2 Fire Suppression – This system uses CO2 to reduce oxygen levels to a point where combustion can no longer occur. CO2 systems quickly extinguish fires and require no clean up.
Install Special Hazard Systems
Beach Lake Sprinkler is a fire protection contractor that can provide special hazards fire protection systems to commercial and industrial facilities in Pennsylvania and Florida. We can design and install many types of special hazards systems including FM-200, Novec 1230, Inergen, deluge and foam fire suppression. We can protect data centers, hospitals, aircraft hangars, manufacturing facilities and power plants. If you are interested in learning more about our special hazards fire suppression systems, contact us to learn more.